The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing operational activities of all centers within an area. Responsible for driving profitability at the area and center levels by efficiently managing headcount, inventory, operational metrics and billing processes. The Operations Manager will manage a frontline staff of approximately 8-20 personnel. This individual is responsible for performance coaching, providing ongoing development, annual appraisals and successful conflict resolution. This position oversees staff and coordinates day to day operations to ensure service to referral sources and patients meet PPS standards.
- Direct management of operations personnel, expenses and policy/procedures that impact compliance at the center level.
- Meet financial performance for profitability and operating income by executing strategies that align with the company‚€™s short-term and long-term objectives.
- Responsible for performance coaching/appraisals and the selection, development, training, engagement and retention of team members.
- Implement and manage the operations cadence process as established by executive operations leadership.
- Oversee documentation retrieval by monitoring documentation performance reports to determine necessary activities, evaluate needed resources and establish timelines for retrieval.
- Review and refine routing for technicians to identify opportunities for efficiency and productivity. Use reports to evaluate technician productivity and take appropriate action to achieved desired behaviors.
- Implement and execute tactical plans for special projects deployed at a district level.
- Monitor activities of staff to ensure operational metrics are achieved.
- Ensure centers are operating within PPS standards relative to policy and procedures that align with ACHC, state and federal regulatory agencies by conducting site inspections and mock audits on a quarterly basis.
- Supervise staff for development, project direction and production quality and quantity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maximize sales area profitability by controlling expenses, and effectively managing staff.
- Maintain collaborative and productive internal relationships with other Managers, as well as Compliance, Reimbursement, Peak Sleep and Pharmacy divisions.
- Understand and comply with PPS policies and procedures; including compliance rules and regulations. Be thoroughly knowledgeable on the Employee Handbook and the role you play in each policy.
- Utilize balance sheets and other metrics in the management of a business.
- BA/BS in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in an operations role, preferably within a healthcare or medical setting.
- Successful operations management experience, with a minimum of 2 years leading exempt and non-exempt employees. Experience managing across multiple territories a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and data entry skills are required. Sales-Force experience preferred.
- Proof of valid drivers license, car insurance, and reliable transportation required.
California Only ‚€“ Additional Qualifications
For California facilities, candidate must meet the requirements for obtaining a California State Exemptee license; licensed candidates must remain in good standing. Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Providing proof in the form of a letter from a current or former employer that they have worked under the supervision of pharmacist or Exemptee for at least one year, with dangerous drugs and devices.
- Providing proof of a High School degree of GED.
- Time will divided between sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting and loading of equipment into and out of delivery vehicles and patient homes.
- Minimum physical requirements are the ability lift 52 lbs. squatting.
- Travel minimum 40%.
Pacific Pulmonary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.